Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Tiiiiiiiime, is on my side....

So far, this week has been awesome, and it looks like it will continue to be so. The weather these days has been kinda lame (overcast, cold, windy). But you know what? THIS WEEK IS THE WEEK OF FREE TIME. I've had tons of cancelations, so consequently I've had more Dave time lately than i have in a while. today I had my first free weekday-afternoon basically since I started working!

I started the day by waking up early, biking to a local park where I did my qi gong, which I hadn't done in weeks excluding sunday. i've been meaning to practice more, and just the practice i've done these past few doeshas been really energizing. My cousin flavia was thinking of starting tai chi classes. if she ever gets aroudn to it, i'm totally in. if not, maybe i'll teach her my qi gong...

afterwards, I had breakfast at a bakery. I usually have breakfast on the run, which means some kinda fried food i can walk with or a pão de quejio (baked ball of cheese bread).

after this glorious morning, I still had time to run crazy errands on av. paulista before class. I hadn't made it up to av. paulista in WEEKS. I used to spend all day there. lately Faria Lima has been my home base and I don't like it nearly as much. Paulista has a great bookstore, a museum, a park, all kidns of crazy buildings, cool street vendors, and metro access. all faria lima has is a mall, some restaurants and an internet cafe, but it's where all my students are at.

Paulista sorta became my stomping grounds when i got here. It felt good to be back.

I'm going to write more letters. I finally got aroudn to sending Laura chernin a postcard in nepal. we'll see when that gets there. so that just leaves like 20 billion people i need to write and send things to. i was going to write on sudnay, but i spent all day playing with my cousins (a worthy sacrifice, those kids are hilarious). maybe i'll knock some more names off that list this week.

lord knows i have the time :D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello David

here is Ana Carolina from Oxford seminars...

I loved your stories, so funny
you are having so much fun!
and I vote for Rio, you know why....

hahahaha... you shoul definetily move to Rio.
do you have orkut?

Dave said...

i do, but i am much more committed to my facebook page. are you orkut? couldn't find you. eMail me and we'll trade addresses.

i should move to rio huh? i thought you HATED rio! well, still in São paulo, anyway. find a teaching gig yet?