Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Frustration

What is the deal with my internet? we finally got highspeed at my house, but we're using a wireless router and the signal strength in my room is really low. Consequently, i am constantly losing and re-establishing my connection. Most of the time, the internet runs so slow it feels like i still ahve dial-up. At least with dial-up the internet didn't keepdying though; i can't even download powerpoint presentations!

the internet wouldn't bother me so much if i didn't have all sorts of small errands I need to run online. I need(ed) to do a bunch of recert stuff for the fire department which required that I download powerpoint documents, then do a bunch of online quizes. I also need to do online training that is supposed to take an hour for kaplan. There's no way I can keep my internet connection for 10min, less an hour! the problem here is that I can't fill out my hours until I've done this damn training. That means I'm going to have to go to the library, but the local library only let's you use the computers for an hour a day, so I have to finish the training real fast. Still, i don't really feel comfortable connecting to my account for work from a library computer...

in the words of charles schultz, UGH!

even using facebook is a hassle. how silly is that?

No comments: