Monday, June 18, 2007

Getting into gear

So the ball is well in motion with respect to the whole brazil thing. I've (sorta) been in contact with ben; i think we've resoolved the whole when-we're-going-to-meet-up issue. it's going to be awesome to go down to brazil with that kid. I still need a job, but my cousin's friend is desperate to have me join this company of hers that teaches english privately to working professionals, so that could be some bank just in tips. I also still need a job up here or i'm going to wear down all my graduation money before i even get to brazil! it's not easy finding a job for just a month, so it's lookin like i may be a pizza delivery boy, but i also hear that doesn't pay dick, especially if you work day hours.

also, i've been shopping around for a laptop. now, my much more computer savvy friend kyle thinks i should not get a laptop and just get a much more powerful desktop later down the road. He raised some good arguments in our last dialogue (over eMail), so i've definitely got a lot to think about. i've wanted a laptop for a while now anyway, so this isn't just about going to brazil. But i'd have to be super careful with the thing; lord knows the beach humidity in ubatuba could thrash it, and it's 20 times more likely to get stolen (and make me a mugging target in general) every time i leave the house than it would in the US. Still, i'd really like to be able to take my work around with me, and it would make it super easy to collect music in brazil.

i really like that all my problems right now are really frivolous. I've been having a pretty good time since graduation, and it seems like i'm going to continue to for at least a little while longer.

No comments: