Thursday, November 22, 2007

Using my assets

here's how cool I am:
-not only did i not have to get a visa to enter the country (brazilian baby!)
-not only am I not paying for rent (living with family baby!)
-I have connections.

My network in brazil is not limited to my family. My mom grew up here and has friends spread out all over the country, and many of them have invited me into their homes.

back to the weekend.

Fri I saw the brazilian side. Saturday I hit the argentinian side which was SPECTACULAR. way cooler than the brazilian side. I got stories, but i think i'm gonna put those on my travel blog for now. fuck..why do i have 2 blogs??!? this is bad..but yeah, sunday i went to paraguay and bought soem shit that doesn't work. Then it started to rain. I'd already done the big 3 things to do down here, and fuck the torrential rainforest downpour, so i decided to come back a little early. i called the bus station, and they said there was room on all 3 buses to São paulo. Of course, with my luck that day by the time i got there that was no longer the case. So i did the next best thing and arranged to go to Curitiba, a coastal city where i coudl cget a connection to São paulo. Buses leave every hour to SP from Curitiba, so I didn't buy the ticket to São Paulo.

And good thing too. I ended up spending two full days there. My mom has an old friend who lives in Curitiba. In fact, she had been trying to get me to live down there instead of São Paulo when I first started organizing this trip. So this weekend I got to know Curitiba and my mom's friend's family as well as Iguaçu!

I'll post more details about argentina, paraguay, and curitiba in a bit. I've decided this should be the "master blog," and anything i post to the other blog should be logged here in some form. So yeah, i'll get around to that later.

No comments: