Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Cyber Sprawl

For a little while now i've been thinking about doing an inventory of my cyber identity. After a comment dan made on one of my recent pots, i think it's about time.

This blog started as a mandatory assignment for an anthropology class called "life online," so this feels pretty appropriate

Just organizing this is going to be a pain. I tried doing this functionally, and that didn't work. I'm going to do this by username (i'm not gonna actually post em though. internet paranoia!):

google: gmail (primary email account), blogger (techinically i have 2 blogs, but teh ootehr i only set up to figure out how to link picture from flick to a map i made), iGoogle homepage, Orkut, google mesenger, google maps, scheduler. so that's at least 8 google services. man, i sure hope they don't turn out to be big brother.
wvrs: my work email
AOL: my AIM sn
XFire: mesenging app for gamers. only way to get in touch with one of my friends.
bored.com: used to be my primary email account. now i only sue it as a registration email for sites i dont wanna give real emails to. But ehy, now i have hotmail and yahoo emails for that.
hotmail: MSN messenger, which I literally only use to talk to 1 person. lame.
meebo.com: flash IM app that let's me use all my messenging services simultaneously (minus Xfire). thank gd.
yahoo A: Flickr account
yahoo B: 2ary Flickr account
Travbuddy: online community of travelers. I have 2 travel blogs (with geolinked pictures on a travel map!) and participate in forums whe i get bored. I'm starting to host pictures there more than flickr, and facebook is falling behind.
Couchsurfing: internet community of travelers who support each other by offering places to stay. cool, right? i'm trying to work my way in for some free housing on my backpacking trip, but i dunno if i can work up teh refs in time
Wikimedia: i sued to have a wikipedia addiciton. because wikimedia is retarded, you have to set up an accoutn on each project. so i have shaggorama accounts at en.wikipedia, pt.wikipedia, en.wikinews, en.wikibooks, en.wikiversity, en.wikiquote, and en.wikimedia
Uncyclopedia: keeps me from vandalizing wikipedia
Facebook: my primary social networking tool. I only have orkut to appease the brazilians. travbuddy is taking over pictures though.
Livejournal: i have a friend with a LJ blog who locks 2/3rds of his posts, so i got an account to see what he's up to
youtube: i don't post videos, i just use my account to comment (read as criticize) other peoples movies and collect favorites and subscriptions
dailymotion: same thing

depending how you count, that's 30 different services listed. Damn

and let's see....i know i must be missing something... I read fark all the time, but don't have an account there yet. I play boggle online sometimes. and i have usernames at some newspapers, but i don't think that counts. i'm trying to set up an accoutn at zooomr.com because i heard they let you upload and as many pictures as you want with no cap on bandwidth or storage, so that's cool, but somethings been going wrong over there.

i have a feelign i'm going to be adding to this list as i realize how much i left off it. Fucking internet....

No comments: