Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The best thing to happen to the internet since wikipedia

Ok. I'm not special. I like to go online as a diversion just as much as anyone else. But i also use the internet as a tool for self-motivated study.

today i was trying to find a material for a class i'm teaching today. One of my students is a film teacher, and i wanted to use the "Learning from Youtube" class being taught at Pitzer College, my alma mater, as a topic for discussion. sifting through blog posts, i came across the following incredible fact:

UC BERKELY IS POSTING ALL OF ITS COURSES ON YOUTUBE.

i alerady have a degree. who cares if I won't get college credit? i wanna learn. I never got to take an anatomy class, now i can! hey, if i wanna brush up on my ochem, i don't need to go to a library!

UCB, you guys are awesome. i hope otehr schools follow suit. home-schooled kids are gonna eat their hearts out.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_play_list?user=ucberkeley

No comments: