Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am the greatest english teacher ever.

yesterday, i taught an english lesson to an advanced student using the following materials:

1) a page long essay summarizing Kuhns "Theory of Scientific Revolutions" using excerpts form the wikipedia article on the book

2) johnny cash - boy named sue

3) Kirpal - "you kicked my dog!" prank phone call
-->i brought the kuhn in as a response to a discussion we had last week about 'Heroes" where i started bashing the science of the show, particularly how they present evolution. we started talking about heroes again, and tangentially she started talking about indian accents. so, i showed her a good strong pakistani accent. she udnerstood the whole thing the first time around and laughed the whole way through.

With these materials and a hw review, the lesson lasted about 2 hours.

Also I'm reading John Krakuer's "Into the wild" with another student. After our little 'book club' lesson, we tag-teamed a piece about Pélé on the uncycloopedia (the browser froze so we lsot it before he posted)

I am like the best english teacher the world has ever seen. Fullbright scholars, kneel before me and my greatness!!

No comments: