Thursday, April 5, 2007

Identity ownership

Today (yesterday?) I took a big step in taking ownership of my online identity: I posted a link to this blog as "my website" on my facebook profile. When I first started this blog, I thought i'd never had a blog before, but it's recently occured to me that facebook sort of is a blog, especially with those notes. But I've definitely never had a site I considered to be "my website" before.

For some reason though I still feel like leaving my name as "carvstree" on this blog. It's not as though I feel particularly vulnerable putting my real name up; it seems like plenty of people do it all the time and haven't been subject to identity theft or severe stalking or anything of the sort. I guess that for the time being, this is carvstree's blog, not David's. That probably sounds wierd, but I'm kinda wierd about it myself.

Next step will be personalizing this blog a little bit more, making it something I can be proud of and less of an assignment. The name bit will come later.

1 comment:

jesuslempert said...

I've always been fond of having my "online identity" be a seperate entity from my life entity. I"m sad that people have AIM programs now that list me as "dave lempert" instead of my online identity as "jesuslempert."